Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Do you think we tend to overrate our players?
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 12:01 PM   #16 (permalink)
EggsToTheBBQ
useless

Representing:

I think we tend to add potential to the value of our own guys much more than we do to other team's.

JV for example, everyone here loves, but to be honest he is probably the weak link in the starting line up right now.

Ross is very inconsistent as a shooter, but we over rate him because we know the potential is there.

Now, I really like Ross and JV long term, but replacing them with veterans would probably result in more wins short term.

So, when a fan of an opposing team is sizing up the Raptors for the next game, I don't think they should be too worried about JV or Ross, but we over rate them because we're invested in the team for more than one game.

That said, Ed Davis is a good example of the opposite. I thought that people calling for him to be traded were nuts, but there were definitely a lot of them - I don't know why he wasn't getting potential added to his value like JV and Ross are.

So, it goes both ways, but I think some of our guys are definitely over rated by the fan base.
EggsToTheBBQ is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote