Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Asking price for Calderon ????
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 12:00 PM   #23 (permalink)
Claudius
contemplating

The Killing Joke

Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClutch View Post
Well i always say you wont know unless you give the player a chance to flourish. He cant flourish in L.A with their high expectations though. James Johnson was given a chance and although he was a knucklehead at times, he provided the Raptors with something when given the opportunity. Besides what do we have to lose in giving him a chance?

I would've brought in Jamison regardless, the man is playing on a veteran contract and wants that ring.
What did James Johnson provide? He was a SF, when we needed a SF, yes, so he filled in a role. But did you see a line up for his services? No. Why? Because he wasn't that good.

Ebanks is the same. He'd fill the starting SF role for us, but is he a piece? No, of course not. He's just a guy.

And thanks for proving my point. If he was anything more than a guy, they don't go after Jamison. They keep the kid on the cap friendly contract and go after something they need then.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote