Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Asking price for Calderon ????
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 12:00 PM   #23 (permalink)
Claudius
contemplating

The Killing Joke

Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClutch View Post
Well i always say you wont know unless you give the player a chance to flourish. He cant flourish in L.A with their high expectations though. James Johnson was given a chance and although he was a knucklehead at times, he provided the Raptors with something when given the opportunity. Besides what do we have to lose in giving him a chance?

I would've brought in Jamison regardless, the man is playing on a veteran contract and wants that ring.
What did James Johnson provide? He was a SF, when we needed a SF, yes, so he filled in a role. But did you see a line up for his services? No. Why? Because he wasn't that good.

Ebanks is the same. He'd fill the starting SF role for us, but is he a piece? No, of course not. He's just a guy.

And thanks for proving my point. If he was anything more than a guy, they don't go after Jamison. They keep the kid on the cap friendly contract and go after something they need then.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key