Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Would you support a full rebuild?
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 09:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Claudius
contemplating

The Killing Joke

Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Default Would you support a full rebuild?

The expectations of this squad was advancement and even some movement towards the playoffs. Obviously there are some holes in this plan.

I think whenever you're building a team, you have to ask, is it a team that has parts to win a championship in the next 5 years. Right now, looking at this team, there's only one guy I can see playing a significant and key role on a championship team.

However, that also mean's we have some pieces that are pieces on a good team but not necessarily this team (guys who would look good on established teams e.g. Jose, Amir, Andrea, Lowry etc.)

So, would you support management saying, screw this, let's be real bad, let's collect as many assets as we can and fully (for once) commit to this thing. No rush jobs. No excelerating the process. Keeping a coach who will grow with the team (I don't care if it's Casey, if it is, I'd be fine with it). I'd be with o.k. with it. Why? The rot of this team is at its core. Anyone who's been a part of a bad organization in their lives can identify with this. You can be a fine individual, but when you enter into an organization with significant problems (senior management all the way down) you too are affected.

If we're able to completely remove this rot (and it would be painful) then I think we'd finally be turning a page on an approximately 10 year problem.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote