Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - bargnani out up to 2 months
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 07:21 PM   #57 (permalink)
moremilk
whatever

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday99 View Post
I don't agree with that. The team struggled without him on offense and the Raps lose. With him, the team seemed to struggle more due to his inefficient offense and below average to average defense and the Raps lose. With Bargs or without him the Raps lose so time to move on imo (and thats a really disappointing thing for me to say). Has anyone noticed how flat his shot looks? Line drives of the ball instead of a soft touch? Just.....odd.

An inconsistent stretch four with so-so defense, but all the potential in the world, will give you a potential 6th man but not a franchise player or even a 2nd option. Shitty, that chokes me, if only he could balance his game better with some more post play.
I'm not debating whether we're better with or without, my point is that before the season, the general consensus was that for this team to have even a shot at the playoffs, we'd need Bargnani to play like the previous season and lowry to be a beast. There wasn't much disagreement on that point.

If you take away Bargnani completely, without no returns, the talent level on this team is just not good enough. We may be a better team than .200 without Bargnani, but we're definitely not a .500 team or even close.

So losing Bargnani for nothing would pretty much doom the chances of this core and we should wait until the new players (JV/Davis/Ross) develop into quality starters.

That's why it makes 0 sense to amnesty anybody, we won't be needing that cap space, or at least we shouldn't be using it until we have more talent on this team, however long it takes.
moremilk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote