Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - bargnani out up to 2 months
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 05:20 PM   #52 (permalink)
DocHoliday99
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
amnesty doesn't bring you 100% cap space I think, only 75% - can anybody confirm that?

also, you still have to pay him that money, so unless you have a definitive target in free agency that will clearly improve your team, it makes no sense to do it and I highly doubt MLSE would go for it anyway.

let's face it, our only hope to be good soon was for andrea to play really well, if that doesn't happen, this team has no chance to make the playoffs, even if you bring a good SF. Remember, the idea was to have lowry and Bargnani to play really well AND to add a good SF in order to become a decent team. If you lose bargnani, especially for nothing, you have to go in rebuilding again, so there's no point in amnestying anybody.
I don't agree with that. The team struggled without him on offense and the Raps lose. With him, the team seemed to struggle more due to his inefficient offense and below average to average defense and the Raps lose. With Bargs or without him the Raps lose so time to move on imo (and thats a really disappointing thing for me to say). Has anyone noticed how flat his shot looks? Line drives of the ball instead of a soft touch? Just.....odd.

An inconsistent stretch four with so-so defense, but all the potential in the world, will give you a potential 6th man but not a franchise player or even a 2nd option. Shitty, that chokes me, if only he could balance his game better with some more post play.
DocHoliday99 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote