Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Jason Kidd - MIP - Best roleplayer in the NBA
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 01:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
bjjs
a baller

Representing:
Default Jason Kidd - MIP - Best roleplayer in the NBA

This guy blows me away. I don't have a lot of time to talk about him. But he astounds me.

He was Rajon Rondo - too high strung, playing so unbelievably fast, and doing everything for his team at such a high pace; that he couldn't slow down and make a consistent three point shot.

His body slowed and he completely transformed his game into a three point shooter. It may seem like a simple transition, but it blows me away how easily and how well he has done it at such an old age.

I used to think Nash is easily the first choice between the two to go to the HoF. Kidd imo is now the primary candidate. Kidd > Nash when it comes to just being an equal piece to a 5-man unit. Maybe Nash can prove me wrong.

And defensively...dude is as good as any except maybe Chris Paul at guarding PGs, or SGs. I saw Lawson going full speed in transition, and Kidd didn't just run back to psych him out, he sprinted toe for toe with him, was able to turn around and make a legitimate play on the ball. Then the other night I saw him guarding D.Will who was unable to even get a shot up against him.

He's unbelievable. Has become one of my favourite players, when only 3 years ago I would not of considered myself a fan.
bjjs is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote