Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Bargnani Out Indefinitely
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 01:25 PM   #20 (permalink)
moremilk
whatever

Representing:

this will put a lot of pressure on casey, because Bargnani has been the lightning rod lately, apparently both with the fans/media and with his own teammates. Now that he's gone for a while, there won't be anymore excuses. Davis, who played pretty well off the bench, will also be under pressure to perform as a starter and prove himself that way. And finally, JV who also got some slack because he was paired with Andrea, will have to really up his game, especially on the boards and on defense.

Since the season is done anyway, it will be a good opportunity to see what is the true potential of this team, assuming Bargnani was truly the root cause of our problems.

Personally, I suspect that was a vast overstatement, while Bargnani has struggled defensively, he still brought a lot to our offense, at least in some games. His averages are bad, because he's mixing very good performances with massive stinkers, but at least in half the games he was pretty good, our best player in fact. Now we'll be more even, but given that even in those good games we usually lost, it doesn't bode well.

I hope I'm wrong, because right now, the only thing that really matters is Ross/JV/Davis/Demar and partially lowry. These 5 players have to show they're worth something, because they are our future core, or potential major trade pieces going forward.
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote