Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - When will we another game ??
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 01:53 PM   #25 (permalink)
Raptors1995
it's time to empty the trash

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
i understand that, but what's our track record in terms of improving this team via free agency? we end up with over-priced role players and end of the road creaky veterans.

so i ask again, to get who? who is going to want to join this mess of a team? who do you target?
In the past, BC overpaid for free agents and he is known to do so. Kapano was done so with mid-level. Turkoglu overpaid, but Blazers were willing to offer him 500 k less. I obviously don't endorse the Turk signing. BC did clear space to go after Nash when he was with the Suns. But with our present situation and current roster, do you really feel comfortable with this roster plus a mid-level player heading into next year? Right now, if we keep our roster intact heading into the summer, we have no capspace and no pick, and all we have is the mid level.

Clearing up capspace gives us options, when are options are currently limited. Does it mean we have to overpay for someone? No. It gives the next GM (if one is hired) more flexibility to improve the roster. It also doesn't mean we use all the space. I would make a run at Paul Millsap if the price and terms are right. At least we can position ourselves to make a run at him by clearing space, whereas we don't have that option right now.
Raptors1995 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote