Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Colangelo on the Fan590
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 01:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
ollyaaa
is pounding the rock!

Raptor Fan

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative1mm View Post
how is DD's contract a mistake?
he is 23, getting better each year, avg 18 and 5, 6'7 with a post game... I disagree his contract is rite on
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLO View Post
DD's contract was bad because there was no competition for him at the time. It's just bad business. Colangelo didn't let the market dictate his value. I really doubt anyone was throwing 8-9 million at DD this past offseason coming off an average year. I can't blame DD for taking the contract, he got way more than he'd earned up to this point and on top of that huge 4 year security.

So far, he's played up to the contract for the most part having improved in nearly every area. Still, he could likely improve more. It's nowhere near the worst contract we have though!

I like Demar, he's good. Truth is though, he's probably more or less maxed out his talent level and he's still inconsistent with short range.

I'd have liked to have seen BC risk losing him in order to get him on a better deal. Also he'd have been playing for a contract for longer which is a huge motivational factor for him. He would have also been very valuable in terms of trade potential, now he has little/none.

All signing Demar to that contract really means is less flexibility going forwards and a higher chance of us staying mediocre (in future) instead of great.
ollyaaa is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote