Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Bargnani on being in trade rumors: "who else would you blame?"
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 11:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
is pounding the rock!

Default Bargnani on being in trade rumors: "who else would you blame?"

Raptors? Bargnani not bothered by trade rumors. Does anything bother him? | ProBasketballTalk

No, of course it doesn’t affect me, but I think it does make sense on this team,” he said. “Who else would you blame? I don’t really know what you want me to answer….

“Of course I hear the trade rumours,” he said. “But trades are part of the job. Since the first day I joined this team seven years ago, I knew I could be traded. That’s the reality. From Day 1 you know that can happen at any time.” - Andrea Bargnani
Now in his seventh season, Bargnani is averaging 16.8 points a game but on just 39.9 percent shooting overall and 32.6 percent from three. Add to that he doesn’t really rebound well and doesn’t defend much, and you have quite the player. So of course Raptors fans — and management — want to move him.

But he has two years and $22 million left on his contract AFTER this season. So, good luck finding a trade partner.
I'm not sure if he's being sarcastic,suggesting that everybody is playing terrible,not just him or simply just doesn't give a bleep. I'm disappointed though because I never hear any accountability from this guy who's supposed to be one of the better players on this roster and someone who's been here for almost 7 years now. I know Bargs isn't the most vocal but it would good to hear " I need to be better,my team is relying on me and I need to find ways to effect the game even if my shots not falling". What's so hard about that,even if he doesn't mean it deep down? At least act like you give a s***. His reluctance towards being a leader and nonchalant attitude is a huge contribution towards why this team has a losing culture. Dwayne Casey's running around calling Andrea "the hub" but Bargs doesn't seem to be embracing that position or responsibility that comes with it on and off the court. This guy needs to be traded as soon as possible,for whatever you can get that is reasonable,at this point. Even if its considered to be selling low,the Raps need a change in their aura and it starts with Il Mago.
MBailey85 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote