Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - NBA referees
Thread: NBA referees
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 02:09 AM   #19 (permalink)
Ball Don't Lie

Representing:

Quote:
Sure the games are fixed
You really believe that?

Sometimes I dont think its as much star calls as it is the refs getting caught up in the atmosphere of the game, thus most of the time the home team getting the majority of the favoritism with the calls. Momentum and aggressiveness plays a huge role in how they call the game especially late, and the more aggressive team gets the calls which sort of works itself out. Though I do agree there were a lot of questionable calls especially at the start of the 4th, the refereeing wasnt all that bad tonight besides that 3-4 min stretch. If we were the aggressors we would have won.

Besides the refs getting caught up in the atmosphere, the main thing that pisses me off with them is when they anticipate a call or call a foul after a shot is missed and there was contact, but if the shot went in they wouldnt have called anything. This started happening regularly in the 2003 season from what I remember and hasnt stopped since and its absolutely ridiculous.
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote