Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - NBA referees
Thread: NBA referees
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 12:58 AM   #14 (permalink)
Acie
landry fields forever

Administrator

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachus22 View Post
This thread is garbage. Has anyone here ever tried refereeing a sport? I've umped baseball games, I've refereed flag football games, called lines for volleyball, but basketball - hands down - is easily the hardest sport I have ever had to call. I referee elementary school basketball one night a week, and I find THAT a challenge - I can't even imagine how hard it must be for NBA referees to call what is probably one of the fastest paced games in the world. And as hard as it is, I think NBA refs call the highest quality game out of refs in all sports. It's very rare that referees will single-handedly decide the outcome of the game - it's just that they're probably the easiest party to throw blame at aside from the team itself.

You need to have respect for these guys - the refs don't kill the Raptors, the Raptors kill themselves.
Do you ever change the initial call after it's made because you're intimidated by the players on the team you called it against?
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote