Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - NBA referees
Thread: NBA referees
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 11:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
XiaominWu
------------------------

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachus22 View Post
This thread is garbage. Has anyone here ever tried refereeing a sport? I've umped baseball games, I've refereed flag football games, called lines for volleyball, but basketball - hands down - is easily the hardest sport I have ever had to call. I referee elementary school basketball one night a week, and I find THAT a challenge - I can't even imagine how hard it must be for NBA referees to call what is probably one of the fastest paced games in the world. And as hard as it is, I think NBA refs call the highest quality game out of refs in all sports. It's very rare that referees will single-handedly decide the outcome of the game - it's just that they're probably the easiest party to throw blame at aside from the team itself.

You need to have respect for these guys - the refs don't kill the Raptors, the Raptors kill themselves.
While I agree with all that you are saying.... it doesn't exonerate these guys from the star-calls that this league has been witnessing for years.
XiaominWu is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote