Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Terrence Ross vs Andre Drummond
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 12:09 PM   #18 (permalink)
creative1mm
a Raps fan

Representing:

Quote:
Anyone who picks Ross over Drummond at this point is fooling themselves. Ross is a 21 year old rookie who has so far shown horrible ball-handling, streaky shooting and average defense. Drummond's potential is far above Ross and he'll be a big trade piece for years to come even if he doesn't become a starter in Detroit. Ross not at all.

We drafted Ross after awarding DD a huge contract that pretty much guarantees him a starting spot on the Raptors for years and Fields a huge contract as well to be our starting SF. Was Ross drafted to potentially be a starting SG for us? That makes little sense as DD has that locked in.

Unless Ross was drafted to play SG and DD move to SF... That would mean we gave Fields a huge contract to come off the bench. All in all, a cacophony of nonsense decisions by the Raptors.

As stated above, Drummond makes Bargnani more expendable and would see minutes regardless.
got me scratching my head too

well, I think everyone was hoping Bargs would come back this season at the level he was at last year prior to the injury.. and DD looked like a he took a step back in his development last season.. so you draft T.Ross to either replace DD at the 2 and place him at the three, but then again Fields is at the 3, and his contract is to high.. hmmm

but.. I am pretty sure the first option for raps was Harrison Barnes.. , you don't draft Drummond, when you have allot of bigs at the position already

Last edited by creative1mm; 12-10-2012 at 12:28 PM.
creative1mm is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote