Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - "Guys who know how to play"
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 01:42 AM   #31 (permalink)
moremilk
whatever

Representing:

I don't think there's any question that lowry is not playing the right way. He's a very good player with some significant limitations.

The real question though is, is he playing like this because of his team mates/coach/injuries, or this is his temperament. Because, as good as he is, if this is his normal play, not sure I want to commit major money to him long term.

As for JV, I've been saying this from the beginning, he shouldn't start. He's a horrible defender right now and I can't understand why his development is tied to a start role. Let him come off the bench, give him a tighter leash so he earns his PT and slowly increase his role. I'm pretty disappointed with him so far, I was expecting hustle, rebounding and shot blocking and he's been fairly average in all 3 areas.

Rebounding is particularly worrisome, virtually anybody who plays alongside Bargnani gets a major boost in rebounds JV averages slightly under 8 boards per 36 minutes which is quite low ..
moremilk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote