Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - it's a good thing
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 03:03 PM   #26 (permalink)
KoolAid
If I ruled the world...

Sippin' On Myself

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeToronto View Post
Wouldn't accomplish a goddamn thing, but sure, go ahead... Mind you, it's not like I am a huge BC supporter at this point.

The ownership has to do the following:

1. Get together, led by Larry T, and for a chance decide that they REALLY want to build a contender here.

2. Get rid of all the top brass.

3. Bring in good GM and good scouts (I don't know where those can be obtained, can't be bothered with every single detail, let my greatness unroll instead).

4. The new guys do a fire sale of all tradeable assets except, perhaps, Valancunas and Ross as rookies not yet contaminated. Ed, Bargnani, DeRozan, Lowry, Amir should bring some youth and/or picks. Calderon will expire in the summer, Kleiza could be amnestied or whatever.

5. Suck, suck and suck until you give the new brass enough chances to draft potential stars.

6. Bring in a GREAT coach to teach those potential stars how to play together and let him do it for at least 2-3 seasons without altering the core much.

7. Pray it works and we become OKC or Memphis.

Applause?
Honestly though, this is our only chance at lasting success, if we draft players here and lock them up, they may end up liking it here. Hell, if we get Wiggins he might even be able to lure some people up here
KoolAid is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote