Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - This game could get DC fired..
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 01:00 PM   #45 (permalink)
MattDevlin
waiting for the playoffs

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMughal View Post
I just don't understand WHY they can't play defence? WIDE open shots everywhere on the court. All their wins come with allowing the opponents score under 100. Just play DEFENCE and you have a good shot???
Everyone focus' on the defence, and at first glance after giving up 131, makes sense, but I'm convinced that sucking offensively, poor execution and turnovers make getting back & being successful on D so much harder. The Raps shot 40% last night, 29% from 3. You can't win in the NBA with that, and the cRaps are averaging 42.6% shooting, 5th last in the league. If you are better offensively = less fast breaks/run outs for other team, you can get back and set up half court defence easier, and you even get an energy boost seeing the ball go in more often. Having a good offence in my opinion makes playing D much easier. There is a correlation...Raps are 5th last in shooting % at 42.6 and 5th last in defensive shooting % at 46.3. Want better defence, simple, make more shots, turn it over less. Enough of the defence, defence, defence talk. I think that Casey is the polar opposite of Mike D'antoni. Both are smart basketball minds, but are flawed. D'antoni clearly doesn't CARE about defence and Casey, to me, doesn't CARE about offence. After every loss even when they utterly stink offensively he only talks about D and dismiss' offence, saying it will come and 'we got guys that can score' Stubborn to a fault I believe.
MattDevlin is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote