Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - "Guys who know how to play"
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 05:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
TORaptor4Ever
"Fake All-Star"

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
I'm not willing to speak for him, but his concerns have always been:

A. looks off his teammates
B. plays out of control

Also, don't confuse, playing hard and with abandon, by knowing how to play. Knowing how to play involves a lot more than that.

Now, remember what I said in the post. He was a pass-first PG growing up. That fuels his opinion more than anything (and makes it hard to disagree with him sometimes).
Eh.... not sure I'd agree with that. Lowry has been more than willing to pass the ball and get others involved in the 1st halves of games. Seems like he only goes into "Mike James mode" when the team is struggling and needs offense badly. And then most often it's him getting to the line (and stopping the clock) rather than chucking long jumpers. That's what smart players do.

I love pass-first PGs more than anything... believe me (#1 Rondo fan remember?)... but I think your bro is being a little harsh in this case (IMO). Depending on the makeup of a team a PG might have to score more to make things work. And with Bargs being utterly unreliable... leaves a pretty big hole that needs to be plugged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Pietrus knows how to play Torap... dude had a little guy on him and he went to work, down low. He knows where to spot up, he knows to keep his hands ready on D.... you can tell he's learned how to play the game and his vet experience has really been demonstrated. We need more of that, we're too young and the inconsistency is killing us. Also, role def is huge and we lack it. Always seems we're trying to forcefeed either AB or DD but never with a plan that it will lead to others getting involved. That's troubling.
Yeah, it looks like it. I've already confessed to being very impressed with him.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote