Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Dwight calls out Kobe for his poor defense
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 08:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Raptors1995
it's time to empty the trash

Representing:

Quote:
First off: In the interest of giving Howard the benefit of the doubt, it's important to note that we don't know the context in which he offered the remark to Denton. While I don't have any particular reason to doubt Denton's reporting, it is within the realm of possibility that what Howard meant to reference in using the phrase "if I have to play on another team" was his much-discussed exit from Orlando, a topic about which he was asked — again, and again, and again — in both the lead-up to and aftermath of Sunday night's game, rather than an eventual departure from Staples Center.

Quote:
Now, that said: If Howard did mean what he said precisely as he said it and in the exact context in which Denton presents it, that would seem to pose a monstrous problem for a Lakers franchise that's clearly staked its claim on cementing Howard as its signature marquee star after the 34-year-old Bryant, 38-year-old Nash and 32-year-old Gasol exit the franchise.
Yeah I'd agree with the former. He most likely said it in reference to Orlando
Raptors1995 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote