Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Marc Stein: Lakers Receive Gasol Inquiries From Raptors, Wolves
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 05:57 PM   #62 (permalink)
TORaptor4Ever
"Fake All-Star"

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
We should take Pekovic and Williams for Bargnani and Jose and let Gasol go to Minny, and add in Landry Fields to LA and Kleiza to Minny as well.

We need to offload crappy wings.
If we could end up getting Pek and Williams in this deal I might just consider giving BC a pass this year overall.

Maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMughal View Post
So why do we want Pau and his contract again?

Why are we giving up Bargs and Calderon for him?

I've been one of Bargs' biggest hater recently because he's been a waste of space on the floor. Don't give me that floor spreading crap. I still however know he can tear it up at any time and get into a zone on both ends. He can be much better than Gasol.

Calderon is a great floor leader off the bench, probably our best bench player. He's huge in the locker room and miles ahead of scrubs like Duhon or Morris. He's great insurance if Lowry goes all out and hurts himself once again. Not too mention he has a very valuable expiring contract.

Why do we want a guy who is owed fuckin' TWENTY MILLION each of the next two seasons and who is also playing his softest basketball ever, most probably because of his horrible knees. The guy is skilled without question, was one of the best....but we're looking to win NOW. He's not even close to 100%. He can only help Jonas so much, I don't think it's worth it at all, it should be mostly about on-court production from him, and I don't see him giving us that much more if at all. Who knows if he can go back to his championship form.

And trust me, I want Bargnani outta here more than anyone right now.
You're underestimating Gasol.... A LOT.

His main problem is that he's been pushed out of the low post (due to D12)... which is his best spot to work from on the floor. He went from being a primary option to an afterthought.

Last edited by TORaptor4Ever; 12-06-2012 at 06:01 PM.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote