Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Another L... we are flat out terrible.
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 02:21 AM   #25 (permalink)
spuriousjones
comfortably numb

Representing:

the way we're playing it feels like an oncoming coaching change situation more-so than a roster shakeup.

an aside: something is going on with bargnani. and its not like the given up on lost season situations we've seen in the past when its getting to spring and the playoffs are out of sight. i think it was leo that mentioned bargnani's scoring in home games vs away games. that can't be a good sign of the psychology. now i recognize that'd it could be hard for anyone to play where they're ready to lynch you (and people are not without reason for their anger) but i get the read that there's more to it than that.

anyway... casey's lauded defence is awol. the offence is a mess. derozen seems like the only player that's advanced—ed had already shown sparks before with 20-10ish runs with minutes. the timeouts... the rotations... keeping Bargnani on the floor when he's playing horribly (and always seeming to go away from him when he's hot)... not exploiting jonas on pick an roll... the two poinguard lineup...

and its a lot easier to put it on casey that rip apart the whole team of admit you've put together a bunch of misfit (overpriced and questionable) pieces.

but its the seeming complete loss of defensive identity that really makes me wonder what the hell is happening. its not like we're playing as a good defensive team when you subtract bargnani.
spuriousjones is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote