Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Will Colangelo have the balls to trade Il Mago?
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 02:20 AM   #14 (permalink)
fresh n' spicy
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Haverchuck View Post
No, he's serious. He mentioned Okafor before. I, personally, disagree that it's a good trade though, because I'd much rather just play Ed instead of Okafor. Before making an Okafor deal, I'd move Bargnani to the bench and just play him fewer minutes. The games in which his shot is falling, you play him decent minutes with the second unit. The games Bargs shot is not falling, you keep giving Ed 30+ minutes. I mean, think about it, if the Raps had played Ed more tonight, there is a possibility they keep their momentum going and win the game.

No need to make a trade for redundant players or bad contracts. Just get talent we need in a trade. If we can't, then trade for an expiring or move Bargs to the bench.
I agree with your assessment completely, but I just want Bargs gone asap. While he may be better than okafor / chandler, trading him will guarantee him not playing for the raps. For some reason dwayne casey can't get it through his thick skull that Bargs is not a star player a.k.a "a hub".

As long as dwayne is coaching this team he will give Bargs 30+ minutes a game. I like casey as a coach don't get me wrong, but for some reason he does not know how to handle Bargnani properly, Bargs is a cancer to this team and as long as he is playing starters minutes we will never get anywhere.
fresh n' spicy is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote