Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - CBS Sports: Derozan a smarter player
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 09:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
AR1815
set adrift on a memory bliss of you.

Reptars

Representing:

I liked the comments on playing in the post:

Quote:
For one thing, DeRozan has figured out he has to use his size. He used just 6.7 percent of his possessions last season in the post, where he was lethally efficient according to Synergy Sports. DeRozan has increased his time in the block this season to 14.9 percent, where he's the 10th-best player in the league at points per possession. DeRozan says it's something that he came to on his own this year.

"That was just me. I feel like I'm bigger than a lot of two-guards, and I think it's just effective. I look at guys like Kobe and, as they started to get older, they got better in the post. I just looked at it as, 'If I get better at it now, that's going to benefit me later.' It's something I think helps make me better than a lot of two-guards."
Quote:
DeRozan notes that just having size doesn't always give you an advantage in the post over two-guards. "Some are smaller. Some have quick hands and reach and get steals. You have to know your personnel, know who you're going against. Couple of nights ago, I'm going against Shannon Brown and he's tough. That's a guard you can't really back down, so you have to find other ways to post and score on them."
I'd like to see who else is in that top 10 for points/possession in the post...

Last edited by AR1815; 12-04-2012 at 10:01 PM.
AR1815 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote