Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Setting the record straight about Lowry.
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 02:04 PM   #59 (permalink)
LX
present minded

In the Paint

Representing:

I think too much of the offense is designed around taking early shots, or rushed shots. There's not much sense of making the extra pass or working in a cohesive fashion, and that's on Casey, although I think he might have put a lot on Lowry's shoulders in terms of accelerating the development of the offense. There's no way he does it without another well-disciplined vet that knows how to make the extra pass or create the right mismatch.

I do like the chemistry that has already developed between him and Demar. Now if another player can click with those two within a random offense they can get somewhere and they will all look better for it. It might take a trade or simply the better part of the season to get there. Even Lowry and Demar are far far from being on the same page as of yet. In the meantime I don't fault Lowry all that much for taking shots that Casey has said he is looking for. Bit by bit they are looking more like a team, and the mish mash of roles is starting to slowly sort itself out. If Kyle's foot heals up, and I think he looked like there was some progress with that last night, then he's going to look even better as everything around him falls into place a little more.

If we see all the same shit a month from now, even with the injury, then I'll be pretty disappointed, but not necessarily with Lowry.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote