Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Setting the record straight about Lowry.
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 01:10 PM   #51 (permalink)
zapffe
alive outside

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by @BaileysBlitz View Post
You're entitled to your own opinion. My thing is this,if were gonna nitpick and judge after every game(especially for this unproven/underachieving team),we'll never be satisfied because performances change on a night to night business. After 3 games,generally speaking,members on this board were calling Lowry the best PG in franchise history. 15 games later people are singing a different tune. The funny thing is,he's been the most consistent player on a game to game basis thus far so what does that say for critquing other players on this roster? I don't know,for the way Lowry's been playing (mostly positive,even if he's had a couple bad games) its too early to dissect his game and fit for this team because he's the least of the Raptors problems.
Agreed but his blatantly obvious bad decision-making is causing all this. When people see extremely bad (and I mean it) shot selections from a PG, especially when there are open teammates around, they feel compelled to comment.

Also, it has nothing to do with how many games he played. If his shot didn't fall or he was physically unfit that's a different thing because that can improve in a few games, but decision-making is mental and it won't matter if he played 3 games or 10 games as it'll take more time to improve. I think that's why so many are critical. That is a mindset issue, it's not a one-time thing.

I think it wasn't as noticeable pre-injury because he made his poorly selected shots. Secondly, he might be forcing it even more now since he is trying to make a come back, resulting in more forced shots.

I really like the guy and I think he'll improve in that regard depending on how open he is to changing this bad habit and how well coaches are diagnosing and dealing with the issue.
zapffe is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote