Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Setting the record straight about Lowry.
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 12:12 PM   #40 (permalink)
Bargn88
Embracing the departure of all the trolls

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJoJo Shabbadu View Post
After last night... I'm game. It was a fucking disaster.

PGs should not be scoring 24 unless its from open looks or driving. Lowry has been chucking up contested shots, long threes, shots early in the clock, etc. and not doing what he's supposed to do. I don't care if he's frustrated, he's supposed to be a leader.

His poor shot selection and frequency of it, inability to penetrate and dish and his complete lack of clutch shooting is not making up for his good points for me right now. His offense is not generally as frustrating as Calderon's Defense, but it has been the last 2 games. And shot selection and frequency has nothing to do with being injured.
Agree

I've noticed Lowry is terrible at looking off of JV, in fact, he's brutal in terms of getting the right guys the ball at the right times. Yeah he is getting a few assists a game, but in terms of who gets the ball and when..

I'm not sure he fits well with DD and Bargs. Those guys are system players that need the offense to stop and get them the ball in set spots for a shot. Lowry would seem to need a more free flowing system but we don't have the creators on the floor to do that.

He never continues to feed hot hands, never looks to get anyone established. It like he passes only to set up his own offensive game.

Lowry is a player that looks real good on paper, but in terms of improving the team overall it is misleading.

I'm seeing glimpes of Mike James, but am willing to wait and see if he improves with time as his "injury" heals.

Last edited by Bargn88; 12-04-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Bargn88 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote