Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Setting the record straight about Lowry.
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 01:07 PM   #39 (permalink)
Calgary Jazz
enjoying JV turning into star

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
I think you should do that.... and I also think you should pay special attention the 2nd half so you can record every GOOD play he made too.

Notice how many times he got to the line? When no one else did?

Guess that was Lowry playing Hero Ball again.

"Serious faults" as a starting PG.... riiiiight.

Let's take a look at what Lowry can do....

- can penetrate and get to the line
- can rebound the ball
- can pass
- can play D
- can shoot it from deep

Yep. Looks like D-League talent to me.
Sorry man, but we speaking different languages here. I can't explain to you simple thing that even scoring 30 pts or getting to the line 15 times while leaving other players standing and watching is not a winning basketball. You see his 11 FT attempts and I see numerous chucked shots early in the clock or missed passes to open teammates. I see offensive fouls while crashing rebounds he has no chance of getting ( he should be running back on defense instead preventing transition baskets), I see him gambling for steals and leaving his man open for easy shots.
Bottom line - he hustles and plays hard, just not smart and it is not resulting in wins, simple.
If you have game recorded, rewatch it and pay attention to the episode he gets blocked by McGee. After getting all the way to the rim on baseline drive he decides to challenge one of the best shot blockers while JV is waiting 2 feet from the basketball for an easy dunk. Simple pass, 2 pts for the team - huge difference. Until he figures it out he will remain good fantasy player, nothing else.
Calgary Jazz is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote