Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Setting the record straight about Lowry.
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 11:26 AM   #37 (permalink)
carp

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriller92 View Post
We dont have an offence. We should be running a flow type of offence where we screen roll 10000 times a game like all the other teams with really good PGs do, but for some reason instead we isolate Bargs, Derozan and Kleiza who are below average ISO players, except Demar. I think by having Lowry as well as Demar screen roll with Bargs/JV, it will make our offence that much better and open up the floor to hopefully get more open 3s and easy rolls to the rim. It'll also make Demar a better player as he gets better in the pick and roll game with his decision making and passing ability.

More players will become threats, and we'll score more if we stop running isolation and screen plays for players who suck at it.
Not to nitpick, but Demar is a below average iso player as well. If I see another spin or fade I'm going to lose it. We forcefeed Demar more than any other player. It's a major mistake. Dude should be flying around, cutting, getting loose balls, throwing down lobs and dunking off screens.... and instead he's pounding, spinning, fading. AB isn't an iso player either though he's not that bad on the low block.... Just wish he'd go there so much more often instead of being placed at the three point line or, dare I say it, at halfcourt to go iso on Faried! Lowry doesn't draw and kick as much as he draws. Kleiza, as well, needs to be more of a system player. These guys seem to all be working on iso moves and skills and by getting the ball, holding the ball, they're only making it so much more difficult on themselves. Why aren't we teaching these scorers to attack defenses that are moving and not set? I'm losing my mind.
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote