Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Cathal Kelly: Andrea Bargnani needs to be sent packing
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 04:17 AM   #29 (permalink)
El Barto
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by macs View Post
That's a team problem. Bargs isn't being paid to be the "star" player. There are probably 60 players in the NBA being paid more than him. In fact, I would argue that he's being paid fairly. The problem here is that he's expected to be the number 1 option on the team. If the team had Lowry, Bargs, and two studs as starters, the complaints about Bargnani would be far less.
I agree that it's not just Bargnani, the whole team is struggling right now, but I still don't understand the money issue here. What's your point? Bargnani isn't paid enough to be truly efficient?

Also, I don't think people expect him to be the number 1 option on the offence; to me though it's kind of the issue here, he actually is the number 1 option, but mostly because he's shooting every time he gets the ball. So the night he has trouble finding the basket he is nearly useless to the team, except maybe the fact that he improved his defence lately.
El Barto is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote