Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - If we were to trade Bargnani, what would be a realistic trade scenario?
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 07:39 PM   #179 (permalink)
Raptors1995
it's time to empty the trash

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
Jose is an expiring and I'd rather have Pau's salary next season then hear BC talk about some false sense of significant cap space and have another mediocre wing player signed. Pau has been a #2 option on a championship team. Even if he does "bad", his "bad" right now is 13 ppg, 9 rpg, 3.3 apg and 1.3 bpg which wouldn't be horrible. Also, he's shooting bad but he's been a solid option on offense before. It's hard not seeing his FG % increase here and his PPG increase as well, if not, he expires next year (as does KL).
This is the thing that gets undervalued in a Gasol for Bargnani trade: We're already up against the cap without Calderon next year and we could only use the mid-level. Like you said, I don't want to overpay for a mediocre wing player or a natural SG and say we think he can play the 3. I would rather take Gasol, who not only can contribute right away, but more importantly with his contract coming off the books after 2013, it actually gives us sufficient space to go after a legitimate player.
Raptors1995 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote