Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Am I The Only Raptors Supporter Who Feels This Way?
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 05:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
FLO
sick of the Raptors Axis of Evil: Colangelo, Casey and Bustnani

Banned

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by @BaileysBlitz View Post
Don't get me wrong,I love this team and have followed them since day one. Also,I apologize if this doesn't really need a thread but I need to know if I'm the only one or not.

Does the Toronto Raptors sometimes or for the most part,feel like a professional developmental or farm team for other NBA programs?

It just seems like throughout the majority of the clubs history its been one of two things or both.

1.) Players come here to pad their stats(regardless of how negatively it impacts the team) so they can earn a fat paycheck for some other franchise (Tracy Murray,Mike James,Tracy McGrady to an extent,etc..)

2.) Players come here on an over paid contract after having moderate success elsewhere only to put it in cruise control and contribute little to nothing towards the team future achievements (Hedo Turkoglu,Jason Kapono,Landry Fields,etc..)

In a nutshell the Raptors are either making players into stars or solid pros for other franchises to enjoy or taking on the dead weight from other teams at a high price usually,it seems. If this is true,how do they break this cycle or curse?

Thoughts!?!?
To the first point, we can overcome this by properly evaluating players and/or tanking and making a pro draft pick for a superstar talent.

To the second point, we can fix this by not overpaying and finding a gem in the NBDL or someone coming off a bad situation on another team. An example is not signing Landry Fields and instead saving money by finding an Alan Anderson-type player or finding a gem like OJ Mayo.

I don't think there's anything sinister going on other than terrible decisions by the Raptors.
FLO is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote