Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The Official Fire Brian Colangelo Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 04:39 PM   #98 (permalink)
The MVP of West Hollywood
the only guy who thinks Terrence Ross will be an all-star

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post
My favourite argument is - "find me a replacement who is better".

No offense but it's really silly.

I just find it really hard to believe that people here are up to date on the talent pool for GMs.

I also find it hard to believe there is only 30 capable basketball GMs in the world.

I didn't know who half the GMs were before they became GMs. I still don't know who 1/2 of them are.

Pick a former college player who averaged 5ppg with a limited coaching career as a quiet assistant. That's the next great GM.
It's not a very hard question either. Mark Warkentien won EOY a few years ago in Denver after he got them to the WCF and since he joined the Knicks (Jan. 11th) as a consultant they've completley turned around the franchise.

Or the other route that's probably smart is just to grab an OKC/Spurs/Utah guy who's smart and hungry like Alex Anthoupoulos. Troy Weaver is top assistant in OKC and will be a GM soon (only reason Orlando didn't hire him is Hennigan interviewed better). I bet he will be excellent

Those are two choices, either the established, award winning GM, or the comes from a great franchise first timer. Either way is >>>>> BC
The MVP of West Hollywood is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote