Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Am I The Only Raptors Supporter Who Feels This Way?
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 03:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
it's time to empty the trash

This is not isolated to Toronto. With lebron signing with Miami this ushered a new era, where its unlikely a player of his caliber will be coming to teams like toronto. I wouldn't just say Toronto's the problem. Past general managers, ownership, coaches, there's a lot of things we could point to. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't mcgrady a Rfa when he left toronto. He wanted to leave as well, but I don't know why we didn't even start him. I remember money was also an issue hindering Grunwald. Ownership could have stepped up, instead of giving junk yard that contract. We shouldn't have let it get to that and got a better return than just picks from Orlando in a sign and trade. Even with Vince Carter that trade was horrible, we got nothing decent in return. Guys pad their stats here and get good contracts elsewhere, but I still don't know why we didn't trade mike James for at least a first round pick if we didn't intend to resign him. Same with Morris Peterson and donyell Marshall we could have got at least got a late pick in return. With respect to us overpaying for free agents that's true, but colangelos known for that too. We could have easily signed Amir to 5 a year. To colangelos credit, he's good at dumping bad contracts as well. The culture did change a bit here. I remember when Babcock was here, I would keep reading about players wanting out. It's sad when a player like Aaron Williams wants out, he should be happy that he's even in the nba. Babcock didn't even want to trade him for 2 second round picks, which embry did in a heartbeat once Babcock left. I could go on, but the problem is more complex than just players not wanting to play for toronto.
Raptors1995 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote