Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Trade Demar
Thread: Trade Demar
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 11:43 PM   #58 (permalink)
Raptors1995
it's time to empty the trash

Representing:

DeRozan has tremendous work ethic and continues to improve, but I wouldn't say he's untradeable. The players that are close to untradeable that I would like to build around are Lowry and Valanciunas. DeRozan's value has gone up, but I don't think there are teams out there that would give us a good return in the sense that we get fair value. He would for the most part have to be packaged in a larger trade. It would take things like: other good players wanting out of their respective teams, teams that may not want to re-sign a player for whatever reason i.e.) money, the right fit, or packaging a bad contract. I would do a Batum for DeRozan deal, but it won't make sense for the Blazers. If the Bulls offered me Deng for DeRozan I would do it. I would have done a Granger for DeRozan deal, but it's too risky given his health. I personally wouldn't mind doing a DeRozan for Tyreke Evans deal, but the problem with that is if Tyreke ends up avg 20 points down the stretch, some teams are going to offer him a ridiculous contract with his restricted free agent status. In short, there’s currently really not a deal out there and as long as BC is here, I can never see DeRozan being traded.
Raptors1995 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote