Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Smitch: Ride Bargnani, he's one of your best
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 06:30 PM   #25 (permalink)
Bargn88
Embracing the departure of all the trolls

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
There's no doubt he is a talented player, but he is just not the difference maker everybody expected him to become. Sure on his good nights he can score, but it seems to me that his scoring numbers are not a real indicator of what the Raptors produced on the offense, just that the team relied too much on him and did not share enough the ball.

To me Bargnani is just hurting the balance of the team. Maybe as a 6th man he could bring his scoring abilities off the bench; also, I think Davis deserves more playing time, but without a real scoring option at the SF postion it's not a ideal solution either. So maybe trading Bargnani for a starting 3 would not be that dumb.
Bargnani isn't a #1 player on a good team, he's a good accessory piece but not a main guy, maybe a #2 scoring option. If he can put up 20 ppg and 5-6 rebounds at 10 million, and who stretches the floor, he's a piece worth keeping. On a team like the Raptors that are void of any allstar talent, he's trying to be something he's not, simple as that.
Bargn88 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote