Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - It's time to give Ed Davis a chance
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 01:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
carp

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
Andrea did not need to be in late to guard Duncan. Valanciunas did that just fine on his own late, blocking Tim's shot and then running the floor and getting fouled.

And Andrea did not attract defenders to the perimeter as far as I could see. The Spurs were more than happy to let an ice cold shooter crank out long range shots. Andrea himself said that he was open and that was why he shot. But there was a reason he was open. We simply played into the Spurs hands in a game where Ed and Jonas were cleaning up so many shots from closer range. We voluntarily took away what was giving us an edge, and instead went to something they were more than happy to give us.

And I guarantee you that Ed has been plenty consistent. His only problem has come from pressing too much to perform in short time spans. 3 minute stints are ridiculous, and the only reason he was limited on so many occasions is due to the need for Andrea to get around 40 minutes. The wisdom of Baggednanny getting so much playing time has to come under scrutiny, along with Jose playing in a combo down the stretch every game. The formula for losing is becoming quite apparent.
I agree, three minute stints are brutal.. though Ed hasn't always shined. Should he get more time, yeah, but he looked substantially better last game than he has all year. It has nothing to do with Bargnani
carp is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote