Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - If we were to trade Bargnani, what would be a realistic trade scenario?
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 03:20 PM   #118 (permalink)
The MVP of West Hollywood
the only guy who thinks Terrence Ross will be an all-star

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Haverchuck View Post
No way in hell Colangelo does that. I'm sure he would rather let "Trade Bargnani" chants rain down from fans sitting in all sections of the ACC instead of pulling off that ridiculous of a trade. He'd make Bargnani a 6th man before pulling the trigger on that deal. No way it happens. He's not that dumb.
Bargnani is a plus (but not elite) offensive player, and a horrible defensive player. Okafor is a plus (but not elite) defensive player and a horrible offensive player. Okafor is a 14.5 mil expiring after this season, Bargnani has 2 years 23 mil after this season. I don't know, it sounds pretty fair to me. It's time to accept Bargnani doesn't have more of an impact on the game than Emeka Okafor. He just doesn't. Bargnani's best comparison is Al Harrington, a PF who spaces the floor and can chuck you 18-20ppg while playing horribad defense and rebounding. He makes you better but the needle doesn't move that much for what he's paid.

The difference between Bargs and Okafor in terms of positional/rotational defense would be significant because of how bad Bargs is, and because that's Okafor's biggest strength. While the trade looks bad for Washington right now they have made a jump defensively, from 21 last year to 9th this year (albeit in a small sample size). Hornets have gone from 15th defensively to 30th. It's made a difference defensively. We'd lose some offense and flash, but Okafor basically gives you almost literally the anti Bargnani - a defense/rebounding responsible player who plays the right way and is a good locker-room/leader influence + a guy who fits Dwane Casey like a glove

Last edited by The MVP of West Hollywood; 11-26-2012 at 03:35 PM.
The MVP of West Hollywood is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote