Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Which would make the biggest difference this season.
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 12:16 PM   #51 (permalink)
ollyaaa
is pounding the rock!

Raptor Fan

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLO View Post
ollyaa, you should be ashamed of yourself for saying it's up to the Raptors to motivate Bargnani. Any professional athlete who can't self-motivate to win games is a piece of shit and shouldn't be playing professional sports. That's on Bargnani, not the Raptors.
FLO here is where you misunderstand. I haven't said Bargs is in the right here. I AGREE that it's excuse after excuse and he's a slacker.

Of course people who can't self-motivate to be the BEST (an insane amount of work) should be playing professional sports. But thats some idealistic dream world that doesnt exist.

I live in the real world. Were people take what they can get and give back minimum effort for the most part.

This is clearly the case with Bargs, and despite that we still commit to him and back him financially and publicly. Becuase of this it's down to the Raps organisation to ensure they get maximum production from him by using the correct motivational triggers (benching him, kicking his ass in practice, not promising him full mins all season regardless of production). Thus far the Raps haven't done ANYTHING in the last 3-4 season to get that right.

It's like ordering a lasagne at a restaurant then complaining you don't like pasta..... And then ordering another one as a replacement.
ollyaaa is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote