Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Which would make the biggest difference this season.
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 01:08 PM   #49 (permalink)
sick of the Raptors Axis of Evil: Colangelo, Casey and Bustnani

I know I've been overly critical of Bargnani and his fans and I'll admit that.

That said, people like ollyaa are part of the reason Bargnani is so polarizing and frustrating. The ridiculous excuses they come up with to excuse away or explain Bargnani's subpar play are literally infuriating. They said it was Bosh holding him back. Then it was Sam Mitchell. Then it was he was out of position at SF. Then it was out of position at C. Then it was Jay Triano. Then it was teammates taking his rebounds. Then it was he's not motivated enough because the Raptors are bad. Then it was he doesn't have a superstar like Kobe to motivate him. I've heard some of his fans say it's because he's Italian and Italians don't try hard in general.

ollyaa, you should be ashamed of yourself for saying it's up to the Raptors to motivate Bargnani. Any professional athlete who can't self-motivate to win games is a piece of shit and shouldn't be playing professional sports. That's on Bargnani, not the Raptors.

edit: The big difference with the Lakers or Spurs for instance is they would bench Bargnani and keep him benched for playing like garbage. They wouldn't feel obligated to play him 40 minutes per game when he isn't giving 100% effort. He'd either a) get the picture and play better or b) sulk and become a bench big man for the rest of his career.

Last edited by FLO; 11-26-2012 at 01:13 PM.
FLO is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote