Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The NBA Player Tweet Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 10:52 AM   #94 (permalink)
jeffb
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLO View Post
Tweeting virulently negatice statements or threats to Calderon is the height of stupidity. These cowards wouldn't say that to his face so they shouldn't say anything at all. That said, Calderon is a sad sack for going on twitter and asking for respect.

Respect is earned and the Raptors have done the opposite so far this season in terms of ingratiating themselves to the Toronto fan base.

Twitter in general is just pathetic. Just like Facebook, if you use it for business or getting real information out to people it's good. Otherwise, it's just a symptom of a stupid society.

You can respect Calderon as a basketball player or not. Lord knows I have my issues with him as a basketball player, but as a person I can't see how anyone can't respect this man. He's been loyal, professional and a great citizen in this city for 8yrs. He's earned that respect, and earned that a long time ago. So, sorry earning respect on the court is one thing but off the court this guy hasn't warranted anything BUT respect.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote