Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The Official Fire Dwane Casey Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 06:55 PM   #22 (permalink)
is waiting

No matter the pressure from BC, it's clear that were not winning with Casey at the helm. Which guys does BC want to get minutes? I'd say Bargs, Fields, Lowery, Demar, and JV. He probably wants Ross to get minutes down the line as well. Even then though, Casey is the one who decides to bench JV despite his terrific play (not today, in general), Ross hardly gets minutes and overall his rotations are horrible. He doesn't play Ed and would rather play Aaron Grey in clutch situations. I would say there is no pressure on him to play Calderon, because why would there be. Which means Casey's horrible rotations are entirely on him, aside from Bargnani. Also, if Bargnani is benched and we win games, I don't see how BC would get mad, especially in a game like today.

Along with rotations, Casey can barely draw up a play. How many clutch situations did we get a good shot? Lucas three and Demar lay up today. The rest is either a TO or a contested shot. There's that one play where everyone spreads out and doesn't move and we feed Bargnani at the high post, the first time it was ran Bargs had a horrible look to tie the game and we lose. So what does Casey do? He runs it again in another clutch game except this time the ball gets stolen.

So his rotations suck, his play calls suck, his decision making really sucks, and his defense is good but always comes up short in the fourth. What's this guy good for? Like I said before he'd make a good assistant, he's not a head coach.

Last edited by Blaze; 11-25-2012 at 07:00 PM.
Blaze is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote