Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The Official Fire Dwane Casey Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 06:53 PM   #21 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by papadunk View Post
But it is a coach job to find best players for a situation on the floor (NOT a GM's job) Keeping AB on the floor tonight with 10% from the field was beyond my understanding unless that is a direct GM orders.
Agreed, but it's still a shitty situation to be in all the same. The GM signed a bunch of guys, promising minutes or an expanded role at least. The GM decided with the coach, that it was possible to put a bunch of gritty guys around Bargnani and hide his weaknesses. The problem is that we rarely see his strengths, so the whole basis of how the team was put together ends up just going from one difficult proposition to another. Then you have the need to play two point guards through the end of games. I would say that is clearly on the GM. He needs to have Jose placated as always, even though it's never worked under any coach here.

They edge towards clarity, and they could make a real jump, but that's entirely on the GM. If he can't do his job then they will both likely go. I still hold out slim hopes that he does his job and that Casey gets a chance to stand firmly by his principles, the way Mitchell should have been allowed to. Self preservation does come into play for any coach outside of Pops. I always thought Sloan could also be included with Pops, but even he was asked to bend too much and couldn't. Sam reached a point where he wasn't going to give. I don't think Casey is there yet. Where I see the real breaking point is with Colangelo and a need to get results. All he needs to do is to balance out the roster in order to strengthen the team's identity and get them a sniff at competing for an 8th seed. That's not extravagant expectations, and the coach should definitely see the door if moves are made and the problems continue.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote