Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Colangelo vs. Burke - who sucks more?
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 03:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
jeffb
is the baby faced assassin

Representing:

[quote=fancylad;708745]I don't know how many exactly but i know everytime i see ROy Hibbert i think of Jermaine Oneal and it makes my blood boil and let's not forget that the worst case of us giving up a draft pick will be this draft. Oh we all better come to grips with it being a lottery pick. For some reason i think there have been others, but i'm not sure so if someone can clarify i would appreciate it.

In the case of Burke's lottery pick give away, at least he got a real 'star'. and one that committed to a multiple year contract right away. Say what you will about Kessel - he's one dimensional and all that, but it can't be argued that he has a ton of talent and flat out scores goals and is one of the best in the league at doing it.[/quote

Meehh, that was outside the lottery and we apparently weren't going to pick Hibbert. we picked him FOR Indiana. I didn't want JO here at the time and i don't have a problem with that deal. Most were in favor of that trade and those are the ones now that have a big issue with it. As for Kessel, I can't speak too much to that other than he isn't worth two high lottery pick on a team that had just been gutted. BB came in and didn't want to say he had a 5yr plan because he wanted to start competing for the playoffs right away. Huge mistake. As for the high pick for Lowry, how anyone can argue that was a good deal is beyond me. Gary forbes and likely a middle lottery pick for Lowry is a good deal for both sides.

You can easliy argue for either being worse. But I still go back to BB should have an easier time of attracting higher end talent to come here and he's failed miseably. And what is his draft record since coming here? Imo BC has had a little more success while having a lot more road blocks in getting true talent here.

BOTH NEED TO GO IMO, flip a coin.

Last edited by jeffb; 11-24-2012 at 03:26 PM.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote