Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The Official Fire Brian Colangelo Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 02:22 AM   #20 (permalink)
Metallikid
threes and free throws

Representing:

I've already gone well past blaming one part of this organization for the failure of the whole. The longer we waste trying to figure out which one is the culprit, the longer we're going to be mediocre. The fact is, it's all three.

Get rid of Casey and get a player's coach who knows how to keep people accountable. Also good Xs and Os would help. I'm thinking a Nate McMillan.

If BC could accept the owner's prerogative of trading for youth and picks and starting a real build up of talent, I'd keep him for it, otherwise, fire him and replace him with anyone is half-competent at the job in the interim, maybe Stefanski. Someone who won't just fire sale the team.

I would aim to trade Jose, Bargs, Amir and Kleiza for as many rookie contract players and picks as possible. Maybe keep Lowry until the offseason and trade him for a top 5 pick or two lottery picks then. It would probably be necessary to keep one point guard or the other for the season. But if trading both lets us really gun for a top 3 pick that would be good too.

I'm guessing we'll see some changes around 5-18.
Metallikid is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote