Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Time to Trade Bargs
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 01:34 PM   #11 (permalink)

giant steps

Originally Posted by thriller92 View Post

If we trade Bargs for an expiring deal, and Calderon is then off the books since he'll expire, and we then amnesty Amir or Kleiza, how much cap space will we have(I hope DanH sees this)?
i think this is the answer, but i'd love to have someone correct me if i am wrong.

these numbers are sham's - ShamSports.com: Toronto Raptors salary information

-jose is $10.5 mil expiring (we would have to relinquish his rights)
-bargnani is $10.75 mil next year
-amir is $6.5 next year

we have an $81 million total cap hit next year, including all cap holds (instead of the actual option value). this includes:

-a cap hold of $15 mil for jose
-a player option for kleiza ($8.74 mil cap hold, but the option is only $4.6 mil)
-a player option for gray (hold is $3.347, option is $2.69)
-a team option for john lucas (hold is $1.8, option is $1.5)
-a cap hold of less than $1 mil for alan anderson
-$1.1 mil unguaranteed for mcguire

without jose we have $59 mil in total salaries next year, options and unguaranteed amounts included.

assuming we renounce jose in the offseason, deal Bargs for an expiring before the deadline, amnesty amir, ditch anderson, mcguire, and lucas, and that kleiza and gray pick up the option, that would mean we would have about $39.3 mil in salaries, assuming we don't have a first round pick.

the salary cap is just over $58 million this year. that gives us $19 million or so in space if it stays the same. edit - we may also need to include cap holds for exceptions. someone will have to fill this in for me...

freeing up a bit less than $19 mil gives us a team of:

lowry, derozan, ross, kleiza, fields, davis, acy, gray, valanciunas.

-edit - i believe lowry's deal is non-guaranteed for next year as well (at $6.2 mil), but i don't think there's a chance that they don't hold on to him.

Last edited by 'trane; 11-22-2012 at 01:55 PM.
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote