Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Rotations
Thread: Rotations
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 01:38 AM   #17 (permalink)
JDMtors
The Man Who Does Everything

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral View Post
what i've noticed from this game is that although demar has improved his overall game significantly the 1 thing that is still the same about his game is that it is still inconsistent
its almost even worse now because with his improved game you're relying on him for even more than before in even more parts of the game
but because 1 game he can be a superstar and 1 game he can appear to be the worst player on the court you don't know what to get from game to game
you can complain about Bargs all you want, but he's consistently the same for the most part, he can't rebound so the coach knows he has to game plan at the fact that his bigs cannot rebound, he knows the guy shoots a lot and that he will probably miss a lot but when you know that is coming you get used to it
with demar its can be anything and as probably the 2nd option on the team that's pretty risky, you can blame the refs for not calling fouls on demar, but thats part of the inconsistent package that comes with demar
For DD I feel that though he still has some inconsistency, he tries to bring it every night unlike last year. You can definitely see the diff. Last year he settled for the mid range jumper and 3s, drove occasionally but shied off when there was contact and went back to shooting. However this year, you consistently see him drive to the bucket even with all the contact going down low, he doesnt shy away and refs should take that into consideration. He might not score everytime he drives, but he's doing it more consistently now compared to settling for a mid range.

I think the 1 time we utilized, Bargnani well was during his rookie season and it shows with what he achieved that season. I personally only think that Bargnani should be getting 20mins a game and be our 6th man. Our starting bigs can be JV at C and Ed at PF with Amir and Bargnani coming off the bench respectively. Ideal lineup would be:

Lowry/Calderon
Derozan/Ross
Kleiza/McGuire
Davis/Bargnani
Valanciunas /Amir

Your starting front court arent big offensive threats, but you can guarantee that they will create space for Lowry and DD who like to drive as they dont mind the physicality down low, while Kleiza stays around the perimeter. Davis and JV are great rebounders and you can count on them, if scoring isnt going well put in Bargnani
JDMtors is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote