Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - How would great organizations develop our young talent differently?
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 11:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
jeffb
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Representing:
Raptors How would great organizations develop our young talent differently?

I'll take San Antonio as an example since they're pretty much the model NBA organization. If they had players like Ross, Valanciunas, Davis how do you think they would utilize them and would Valanciunas be playing the 4th quarters, geting vital learning experiences when it matters most? I look at the way they have developed Kawhi Leonard and wonder if they could do roughly the same with Ross. I question why we're not utilizing these players when it counts. Maybe not Ross late in games, but he should be getting a consistent 15-20mpg and know every game what his role is and when he's going to play, a defined role. There just seems to be no direction with Ross and even Davis. Their minutes are all over the place. As for Valanciunas, this is one guy you would think you'd want to develop even quicker than others and isn't the way to do so, playig in crunch time to gain that experience and learning to play under control when it matters most?

Whatever....thoughts?

Last edited by jeffb; 11-21-2012 at 11:06 AM.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote