Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Time to get Josh Smith...
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 03:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
MBailey85
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10gizzle View Post
Writings on the wall in ATL.

This could be exactly what the Raptors need at this point.

I'd be willing to deal for this guy. Expiring deal and it seems like a foregone conclusion that he'll leave in free agency. Maybe BC finally swallows his pride and packages something like Bargnani and Ed or something and makes it happen.

Smith would be a great fit playing the four and if he pans out this year...give him the money.

Thoughts?
I think realistically, Gallinari is a better fit for this team and a bit easier to acquire at the 3. Colangelo's former assistant GM is Denver's current GM(Masai Ujiri) and I'd suspect they still have a good relationship. Also with Smith, you have to worry about resigning him or letting him walk for nothing,after giving up one of your best assets in Bargnani. With the emergence of Kenneth Faried at the 3,Bargs can play the 4 in Denver,which is what they need. Bargs plays like a 3 in TO but starts at PF so Gallinari is a natural fit,seeing he can spread the floor with his shooting abilities,which compliments DD ability to get to the hoop at the SG. J. Smith is a type of player Casey would like,my only worry would him turning into a chucker to pad his stats in hopes of a large contract for the off season
MBailey85 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote