Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Our Team numbers so far this season
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 11:45 PM   #43 (permalink)
effin' ineffable

In the Paint

Originally Posted by Bill Haverchuck View Post
Well, if Derozan was a star in the making, he wouldn't have jumped at the chance to sign an extension that averages $10 mill per. Demar has looked like a solid piece most nights, though.

Bargnani is just....ugh.

If Lowry could stay healthy and Bargnani gave us anything, anything at all, we still definitely have a legit chance at the playoffs. Now, that's not to say the Raps are any good; it's more a testament to how shitty the East is this season. In the context of the shitty East, the Raps could be a middle of the pack team.
But they ultimately need to be at least close to average defensively to even consider that possibility. That's what makes the emphasis on offense so troubling. If they improve on last season's defense they have a real shot at the playoffs.

I said that below average defense was just bad in my mind, but really I think it's bad for this team, and where they are now is just disastrous, because it wastes some real growth and progress.

Bargnani has given what he can. It's time to realize that he isn't part of any core that will succeed any time soon, unless they try him in a sixth man role and hope he responds well to it.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote