Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Chris Bosh vs. Andrea Bargnani: The Final Debate
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 11:03 AM   #160 (permalink)
gnarl
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

I'm not sure the comparison is really as simple as an Andrea Bargnani vs Chris Bosh debate. You have to compare apples with apples. There are a lot of whatifs and I can't really say for one that Chris Bosh is better than Andrea or vice versa. Don't get me wrong though, if there is one thing I believe is that Bargnani has more talent than Bosh but as others pointed out, is much lazier and less willing to work on other important aspects of the game other than his shooting albeit more willing lately with Coach Casey.

For example, do you think Bargs would produce more scoring than Bosh if he was plugged into the Miami lineup in place of him? I would say so. Heck, that's why Bosh is shooting more 3's now. Because he's that open out there. Bargnani would be shooting wide open 3's all day.

Bosh during his time in Toronto did great things. Led this team with a mediocre roster year after year. Had to be the guy. Bargnani never really had to be the guy. Bosh took the game winning shot because he wanted to. I think Bargs just takes it because he's asked to. After Bosh left, it seemed like the franchise wanted Derozan to be the focus on offense again making Bargnani option 2 on offense.

Lastly, I think Bargs needs a change of environment. Under BC, he will never really reach his full potential. He needs a coach and a management team that will really make him work and accountable. Thing is, in my point of view. Bosh surpassed any expectations that I had of him and well, sad thing is Bargnani has yet to even brush the surface. And I'm not sure he ever will. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
gnarl is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote